Citrus Cumin Coleslaw
Citrus Cumin Coleslaw is a healthy delicious slaw made with a creamy homemade vinaigrette. It's the perfect accompaniment to spicy sliders or fish tacos.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 head green cabbage sliced thin - see notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrot shredded
- 1 large jalepeno julienned thin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro loosely packed, roughly chopped
TO PREPARE COLESLAW
Add shredded cabbage to large strainer and toss with salt. Set in sink or over bowl. Allow salt to soften the cabbage a bit as well as release any liquid for about 10 minutes.
Add salted cabbage to large bowl and toss with carrot and jalapeno. Add small amounts of dressing and toss well to combine. Continue to add vinaigrette until you've dressed it to your liking.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, toss in cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on sliders, with fish tacos, or as a side dish.
- For more information, see full recipe post for citrus cumin vinaigrette
- I highly recommend using a mandolin to finely shred the cabbage, carrot and jalapeno. The thinner the cabbage, the better the coleslaw!
Calories: 365kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3454mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 80g | Vitamin A: 5611IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg