A little bit of sweet, the perfect hint of sour, and the perfect amount of heat make this Jalapeno Honey Lime Grilled Chicken the perfect summer dinner!
It’s here! Summer is finally here! In a year that seemed like the rain would never stop here in Portland, Oregon, we have had extraordinary weather over the past couple of weeks which means the grill finally game out of hibernation. Of course we celebrated with mandatory burgers and dogs, but once I got that out of my system I moved onto creating fabulous marinades for dinners like this super tasty chicken.
The other day on my way home from work, I swung by Fred Meyer and picked up a pack of super fresh chicken thighs to grill up. In addition to stocking up on everything else to fill my frig and pantry (I’m a regular there), I picked up some organic jalapenos and limes as well as a new container of honey. I have some fantastic local honey I picked up at the farmer’s market that’s fabulous to combat my seasonal allergies, but it has crystallized and I wanted something smooth, so I also picked up a fresh bottle of honey at the store too. I love one stop shopping!
The flavor combination of honey + lime + jalapeno + salt is the perfect marriage of flavors. You get a little bit of everything your taste buds could possibly desire. The marinade adds the perfect flavor to the chicken as well.
We served our dinner up with some Mexican grilled corn, refried black beans, warm corn tortillas, and sliced avocado. YUM! I can honestly say that this was one of my most favorite grilled summer dinners so far this year and the bar was definitely set high for future backyard BBQs!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 large jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 - 2 pounds Simple Truth Organic skinless boneless chicken thighs
- Using large resealable gallon size plastic storage bag, combine all marinade ingredients WITHOUT the chicken. Squeeze the bag to mix well. Taste the marinade and adjust if desired.
- Rinse chicken and add to marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- To grill, heat grill over medium to medium high heat. Spray grill with olive oil spray to prevent sticking. Cook for 8-10 minutes on each side until cooked through. Do not over cook and serve immediately.
- Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fred Meyer – P3. The opinions and text are all mine.