These parmesan herb chicken breasts are not only super easy to prepare with only a few ingredients, but they are quick to prepare and quick to cook.
Most importantly, though, is that they are moist and delicious and loved by everyone, young and old alike.
The other day I had a craving for asparagus risotto. Although I could, and have, easily eaten a big ol’ bowl of that insanely good risotto for dinner with nothing else, my convert-foodie husband and foodie-in-training kids are omnivores and prefer to see a bit of meat on the dinner plate. I hadn’t made chicken in awhile and needed something equally delicious to go with the risotto. Everyone needs an easy delicious go to chicken recipe, right? Mine is herb encrusted chicken breasts. This is one of my favorite dinner recipes. Why? Because its fast? Yeah, I like fast recipes. Because its easy? Sure, I like easy. But what drives most, if not every, decision this self proclaimed foodie makes? Its how food tastes and how it makes me feel. This chicken gets top scores in both departments. Plus, the entire family will love it which means no whining at the dinner table.
Now here’s a little secret for whoever is doing the cooking… Any of the coating that doesn’t stick to the chicken will melt and cook on the bottom of the baking dish. Do not be surprised if you scoop these little nuggets of perfection and throw them on your plate. You need not tell anyone about this. Just hide them under your chicken. No one needs to know they’re there. There are perks to being the one who cooks and I will always share the sneaky little things I do with you. Don’t feel guilty – the chicken is wonderful and your family will love it. There’s just no reason you shouldn’t love it most. Don’t pretend you don’t do this sort of thing.
(I’ve listed only three steps below so I could say) Easy as 1-2-3!
Parmesan Herb Chicken
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese minced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs minced. *
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne**
- 1 pound chicken breasts***
- 2 tablespoons olive oil approximate
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, herbs and spices in gallon sized back.
- Rinse chicken, shake off excess water, and add to bag. Give the bag a shake and some loving squeezes to ensure every bit of chicken is coated. Arrange chicken in single layer in baking dish. I use my 9x9 inch stone. Empty any remaining contents of bag over chicken. You won't want to waste any of that delicious goodness that you just made. Drizzle each piece of chicken with a bit of olive oil. Cook 15-20 minutes or until crust is a dark golden brown.
** Omit or reduce the cayenne if the people are eating don't like spicy. It packs a bit of a punch.
*** I prefer to use chicken tenders. If I'm using entire breasts, I cover in plastic wrap and pound to equal thickness. Any chance I get to pound meat, I will.