This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
These lemon blueberry swirl Mini No Bake Cheesecakes only take a few minutes to make and are the perfect quick and easy dessert.
I get my recipe inspiration from all sorts of places. Wanna know why I wanted to make these mini no bake cheesecakes? Well, there are two reasons. First, I have been making pumpkin everything lately and I needed a break. I wanted an easy dessert that didn’t have anything to do with fall. No pumpkin. No squash. No root vegetables. The other part of my inspiration actually came about because I was walking through Target and saw that Inside Out just came out on Blueray/DVD! What on earth does a mini no bake cheesecake have to do with that movie? Well let me tell you.
I took my kids to see Inside Out when it was playing in the theater. If you haven’t seen it, the movie is exceptional and not just because its entertaining. The story is incredibly insightful and I can imagine every family can relate. The story is about conflicting emotions and how they all play together.
Still not following how that translates to this dessert? Well, although the cheesecakes are quite tasty on their own, I wanted to add some flavor. I figured adding a dollop of lemon and blueberry would make them more interesting, but swirling the two flavors together would really take them to the next level.
Get the connection? On their own, each flavor is good, but mix it around and not only is each bite different, but each bite is wonderful in its own way. That was my way of connecting a fun little dessert that I knew my kids would love with the message of the movie.
Needless to say, any dessert that only takes a few minutes to throw together makes me very happy.
You can use any toppings you like, and if you’re looking for something quick and easy, just use jam and lemon curd!
We had Friday movie night like we do every week, and we got to enjoy these awesome little treats while we watched the movie.
I’m really happy I got the DVD at Target because not only is Target is the perfect one-stop-shop for all your movie night needs (snacks, plate, even a new blanket!), but also because the Inside Out DVDs and Blu-Rays purchased at Target include 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes. Win!
Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
- 6 mini graham cracker shells
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Optional toppings include sweetened blueberry puree lemon curd, jam
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attached, blend cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth. Scrap sides, add heavy cream, and switch from the paddle to the whisk. Blend on medium high speed until well blended and fluffy. Add sugar and continue to blend until smooth.
- Spoon filling into shells and spread to create an even layer.
- If desired, add a small amount of topping and swirl with a knife or a toothpick. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.