This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Riondo Prosecco. All opinions are 100% mine.
Add bubbles to your summer tropical cocktail! This Mango Coconut Prosecco combines the flavors of fresh mango and coconut with Italian sparkling wine. There was a sale on fresh organic mangos so I did what any other tropical fruit loving person would do and filled my refrigerator! The funny thing about mango is that it’s one of the few fruits that I am able to control the consumption in my house because no one else is willing to cut them. Nothing says summer, to me, better than tropical fruit. Mango and coconut especially remind me of basking in the Hawaiian sun, which is one of the main reasons I love to incorporate their flavors into this bright and fruity summer cocktail. This recipe consists of a coconut syrup, fresh mango puree, and lots and lots of bubbles! My favorite choice is Riondo Prosecco. Did you know Prosecco is a white sparkling wine from Italy? Like Champagne, the name Prosecco refers to a specific region and grape – in this case, glera grapes grown in the north-east Veneto region of Italy. Prosecco has taken off recently due to its approachable style – it is usually light, fruity, with some sweetness. This is perfectly paired with my tropical flavors! Here are some fun facts for you:
- US sparkling wine consumption continued to expand in 2016, climbing by 9.5% to a new record high of 24.6 million cases.
- Italian sparkling wines gained over a million cases (+29%), accounting for 84% of the 1.9 million case (+18%) increase in imported bubbly (Gomberg Fredrikson Report 2016).
- Prosecco’s approachable price point has enabled it to evolve from a “special occasion” drink to one that is enjoyed anytime. In fact, the emergence of Prosecco “cocktails” – which add bubbles to cocktails – have moved beyond Bellinis to encompass more creative additions of the wine.
Riondo Prosecco Cocktails are a perfect go-to beverage of the summer. They’re the perfect choice to enjoy at home after work or with friends on the patio. Before you know it, summer will be over. Time to focus on what summer fun we have left and enjoy everyday life with Prosecco. How are you enjoying these last days of summer? With an outdoor brunch season with friends? Patio get-togethers with friends? Backyard BBQs, family parties, beach days? All of the above?
Mango Coconut Prosecco
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 large fresh mango skin removed and cut into chunks
- Riondo Prosecco
- Heat coconut and simple syrup over low heat for 5-10 minutes to allow the coconut flavor to fully absorb. Strain the liquid into a separate container using a fine mesh sieve and reserve the now sweetened coconut to line the edge of your glass or champagne flute for garnish. Chill coconut syrup until ready to use.
- Blend fresh mango and coconut syrup until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses. Top with chilled Riondo Prosecco and serve immediately.