Make Ahead Stuffed Cranberry French Toast is a delicious and easy way to prepare a sweet and filling breakfast for your family the night before.
I love breakfast. I especially love breakfast when all I have to do is wake up, shove it in the oven, and then an incredible family meal is ready for us to consume. I’m most thankful for this kind of make ahead casserole breakfast this time of year because there’s nothing better than being able to relax in our warm cozy jammies while smelling the wonderful aroma of a warm breakfast cooking.
You can use any kind of bread for this recipe and french bread is fairly typical, but I came across these cranberry ciabattini rolls at the store and knew they were destined for this breakfast casserole. We actually bought this same kind last year at Thanksgiving and I just loved them, so I knew that they would taste unbelievably good baked up with homemade cranberry sauce, cream cheese, and all the other goodness of french toast.
This is super easy to make. Just through half of the bread in your buttered casserole dish, top it with the cranberry sauce and cream cheese, cover with your remaining bread, and then pour your egg mixture on top. Be sure to smash that bread down so that all of it absorbs the liquid overnight. You know what I’m talking about.
The next morning, all you need to do is pull it out of the oven and serve it up with some pure maple syrup and you’ve got an amazing and easy holiday breakfast.
Watch the recipe video below of me making my Make Ahead Stuffed Cranberry French Toast!
Make Ahead Stuffed Cranberry French Toast
- 15 ounces bread sliced into 1/2 inch cubes (cranberry Ciabattini if possible)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
The night before:
- Grease casserole dish with butter. Place half the bread in the dish. Add a layer of fresh cranberry sauce and dot with cream cheese. Cover with remaining bread.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
The morning of:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with pure maple syrup or dust with powdered sugar.