This Chocolate Caramel Peanut Crunch Tart has everything you could ever want in a dessert – a sugar cookie crust, a rich peanut caramel layer, and a crunchy chocolate peanut butter top.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Who doesn’t love peanut butter? Who doesn’t love caramel? Now, tell me who doesn’t love all of those things combined? December is a month that means a lot of things to a lot of families. One of the main things it means to me is holiday baking. Lots and lots of it!
I knew I wanted to make an impressive dessert to serve at Christmas dinner that had peanut butter in it because everyone in my family loves peanut butter. Baking with peanut butter brings me back to the days when I would make peanut butter cookies with my sisters as a kid. To me, it has become a key ingredient in our family tradition of holiday baking.
This dessert has everything a chocolate-peanut-butter-caramel fan could want.
This tart starts with a sugar cookie crust. Smack dab in the middle is a combination of homemade salted caramel sauce mixed with peanuts. You like the start of this already, I can tell.
On top of that is a crunchy chocolate peanut butter fudge. That’s right. CRUNCHY. The crunch comes from a secret ingredient – Feuilletine Flakes. These delicacies are hard to find, but in today’s world they are just a click away online. Feuilletine Flakes are buttery, toasty-sweet shards that can be added to ganache, frostings and truffles for a super crunch. But, instead of ganache that’s made from chocolate and heavy cream, this one is made from chocolate, peanut butter, and honey.
I can pretty much guarantee you’ve never had a dessert like this one. One of the many things that I realized as I set this dessert out on the table in front of my family was that I’d unknowingly created a family tradition that I wasn’t even aware of – every year for the holidays, I’ve made some kind of different dessert with peanut butter in it. I plan on continuing the tradition and hopefully my food loving kids will carry it forward with their families!
The best place to buy Feuilletine Flakes is on Amazon:
Chocolate Caramel Peanut Crunch TartPrint Pin Rate
shell (sugar cookie dough):
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts
chocolate peanut butter fudge layer:
- 16 ounces chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup SKIPPY® Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces Feuilletine Flakes
- To make the crust, follow the instructions to make my sugar cookie dough. Roll out sugar cookie dough 1/4 inch thick and place into a tart pan, pressing down into the corners. Use the rolling pin to roll over the edge and cut off any excess dough - this can be used to make sugar cookies.
- Blind-bake the crust by covering with parchment or aluminum foil and then weigh down with pie weights and cook in 400 degree oven for 14 minutes.
- Add peanuts to cooked shell and fill crust half way with caramel sauce. Bake for 12-15 minutes until you get a nice full bubbling caramel. Cool.
- To make chocolate peanut butter fudge layer, combine melted chocolate, peanut butter, honey, and salt in large bowl. Fold in Feuilletine Flakes and stir until combined. Add mixture to top of tart and press down with back of spoon to even out.