This incredibly flavorful and super easy to make three ingredient Butternut Coconut Curry is a classic fall favorite dinner in our house!
I don’t think I would have ever come up with a recipe like this on my own. Wanna know how it came to be? Well, I went to a pumpkin themed party last month where everyone had to bring a dish with pumpkin in it. Both savory and sweet dishes were okay, but bonus points were given for savory dishes. Two years in a row now someone has brought a pumpkin coconut curry. She served it over rice and I absolutely loved it. This year I decided to ask for the recipe and she told me how it couldn’t be easier. She and I both shop at Trader Joe’s, so we speak the same language. She just told me to dump one jar of red curry sauce and one can of lite coconut milk in a pot. Add the pumpkin and cook til tender. Voila! Well, I was kinda pumpkined out after all the pumpkin recipes I had been making, so I decided to take an alternate route and use pre-cut fresh butternut squash. YUM! This recipe couldn’t be easier and the wonderful flavors were everything I was craving this fall.
Butternut Coconut Curry
- 1 15 ounce jar curry simmer sauce
- 1 14 ounce jar lite coconut milk
- 1 2 pound bag cut butternut squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Add all ingredients to large stockpot. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, eat as is or add halved cherry tomatoes and fresh basil and serve over rice.