The Best Soup Recipes to keep your family warm, well fed, and happy. Great soup recipes are healthy, flavorful, and easy to make!
This recipe round up has a little bit of everything. From a healthy chicken soup recipe, to a spicy taco soup, to an indulgent potato soup recipe, and even a comforting chicken noodle soup recipe. Below you’ll find photos and links to some of the best soup recipes out there!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here.
BEST SOUP RECIPES
Pin it to your SOUP BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Best Soup Recipes are what keep my family full with homecooked meals when life gets crasy busy. In general, soups freeze extremely well, so they are my favorite make ahead meal. I freeze all my soups in reusable quart sized containers. Whether I’m trying to make use of as much produce from the garden as possible or I’m just getting a jump on meal planning, a healthy, hearty, satisfying soup is always a great option for dinner.
Most soup recipes can be made on the stovetop in a good quality stockpot, in a slow cooker, or in the Instant Pot. I’ve recreated so many of my own soup recipes in the Instant Pot and I’ll tell you that it is by far my favorite way to cook soup.
Soup basics: How to make the best soup with homemade broth.
If you’ve never made your own homemade stock, it is something everyone can and should do. There’s just no comparison in the taste, quality, and health benefits to homemade bone broth.
I have instructions on how to make Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Chicken Broth as well as Slow Cooker Chicken Broth. I also use my homemade Roasted Beef Broth in a ton of really good soup recipes. I used to cook my beef broth on the stove overnight. Now I just throw the ingredients in the Instant Pot for two hours and get even better results!
You don’t get all that delicious fat in store bought broth.
Crock Pot Soup Recipes:
I used to use my slow cooker a lot more than I do now. Like I said, I’ve jumped on the Instant Pot train and there’s no going back. One can’t argue, though, that using a slow cooker to make a really tasty homemade soup is a great option. Especially when you want to start dinner in the morning and come home to a ready made meal, the slow cooker is the way to go.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup – Enjoy all the comfort of lasagna in this light and easy to make sausage, mushroom, spinach Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup topped with melted mozzarella cheese.
- Leftover Ham Bean Soup – Leftover Ham Bean Soup is the easiest and most flavorful soup your family will love made with a rich broth in the slow cooker from your holiday ham bone. If you’ve been looking for delicious ham soup recipes, you’ll want to make this one.
Easy Soup Recipes:
These are my “cheat” soup recipes. I’m still a believe that the best soup recipes take time to make, but sometimes you just want a really good bowl of homemade soup and don’t have much time to spare. If that’s your situation, you’ll love these easy soup recipes!
- Five Minute Cream of Tomato Soup – It doesn’t get much easier than this Five Minute Cream of Tomato Soup. You cheat by using jarred pasta sauce and the result is delicious comfort food.
- Easy Bean and Bacon Soup – If you’re looking for a hot, hearty, comforting meal, this Easy Bean and Bacon Soup is sure to satisfy.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
These soup recipes are written with specific instructions on how to make the soup in your electric pressure cooker. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t worry. You can still make any of these recipes on the stovetop or slow cooker. It will just take longer!
- Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup – Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup is such a hearty meal. Not only does this recipe has everything you want in a satisfying hot bowl of soup, but it’s a quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker.
- Pressure Cooker Asparagus Soup – Pressure Cooker Asparagus Soup is a light and healthy spring or summer meal that takes only minutes to prepare and cook. Serve it as a meal or as a side.
- Pressure Cooker Potato Leek Soup – When the weather is cold and dark outside, few meals satisfy better than this comforting Pressure Cooker Potato Leek Soup topped with crisp bacon.
- Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup – In 40 minutes, your electric pressure cooker can transform frozen smoked ham hocks and dried split peas into the most delicious and healthy Instant Pot Split Pea Soup.
Chicken Soup Recipes:
Everyone loves a good chicken soup. In fact, when we think about soup, chicken soup is often what comes to mind first. Here’s a variety of easy chicken soup recipes, creamy soup recipes, and chicken and rice recipes.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup – hicken Vegetable Soup, made with homemade chicken broth and loaded with healthy veggies, is not only a delicious and satisfying meal, but it’s nutritious.
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty, healthy, and comforting meal that everyone should know how to make from scratch. This recipe starts with homemade chicken broth, veggies to add flavor and vitamins, and egg noodles to make in an old fashioned favorite.
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup – Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup is an easy and comforting dinner that your family will love. You can use store bought rotisserie chicken and broth, or you can make your own from scratch. Either way, this creamy chicken soup with rice will satisfy your craving.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of most delicious one pot meals you’ll serve for family dinner and tastes even better with homemade broth. This healthy and easy recipe is the best authentic chicken tortilla soup recipe you’ll find
- Creamy Chicken Soup – Creamy Chicken Soup is so rich, yet it is loaded with veggies and is an easy, healthy, simple chicken soup recipe your entire family will love for dinner.
- Get Well Chicken Soup – Get Well Chicken Soup always makes me feel better when I’m sick. Homemade with tender chicken, flavorful broth, & vitamin packed veggies is always best.
- Chicken Corn Chowder – Chicken Corn Chowder is a creamy and hearty soup that is packed full of flavor. It’s creamy but still has just the right amount of chunks. Perfectly cooked potatoes and a rich broth give the soup body. Crisp bacon adds fantastic texture and taste. Your family will love this chicken chowder for dinner.
Hearty Soup Recipes:
Ah. My favorite kind of soup. The kind of soup that is filling enough to be a meal on it’s own. Usually (but not always) full of meat, some kind of starch like rcie or pasta, and loads of vegetables.
- Kale Soup with Italian Pork and White Beans – Kale Soup with Italian Pork and White Beans is a hearty and healthy meal that is quick enough to serve as an easy weeknight dinner.
- French Onion Soup – There are a few secrets to developing insanely delicious flavor in a bowl of homemade French Onion Soup, and this recipe is the best I’ve ever enjoyed!
- Winter Minestrone – Homemade Winter Minestrone is a healthy and hearty winter soup full of cold weather favorites like kale, squash, beans, bacon, pasta, and savory beef broth.
- Zuppa Toscana – Zuppa Toscana is a hearty creamy homemade soup made with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and baby kale. This tasty Zuppa Toscana soup recipe is a copycat version of what you would find at The Olive Garden.
- Leftover Turkey and Wild Rice Soup – Leftover Turkey & Wild Rice Soup transforms your turkey carcass into the most delicious, rich, tasty feel good soup.
- Salmon Chowder – Enjoy a hearty and tasty bowl of homemade Salmon Chowder made with fresh corn, potato, lots of fresh dill, and a touch of cream. Delicious!
Healthy Soups that are (or can be with slight modifications) vegetarian or vegan:
- Butternut Squash Soup – Butternut Squash Soup made in the crockpot, Instant Pot, or stovetop is the best creamy, easy and healthy soup made with roasted butternut squash and apple. This fall inspired homemade soup recipe is full of flavor and wholesome ingredients that just make you feel good. My version of roasted butternut squash soup is super creamy but the recipe is dairy free.
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup – During fall, one of the best bowls of healthy comfort food you can enjoy is this homemade Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup.
- Fresh Beet Soup – I make this pureed soup all the time. It’s so insanely healthy, but I absolutely love the way it tastes.
10 Best Soup Recipes:
I lured you in with the title “10 Best Soup Recipes”, so here are 10 hearty soup recipes made by my friends!
This post was originally created in March 2016 and has been updated with more fun facts and tidbits for your reading pleasure.
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!