This is a sponsored conversation written by me of behalf of Ball Park® brand. The opinions and text are all mine.
Take your hot dog and your taco to a whole new level with these Spicy Taco Dogs. You won’t believe how delicious this outdoor grilling dinner mashup is!
One of my most favorite things to eat during the summer is a grilled hot dog. Nothing says long days, warm sunshine and family gatherings like a BBQ. From the time I was a kid, I remember always being the one to pick the hot dog that was split on the grill, completely hot and bubbly. To me, that was a sign of perfection. As an adult, I do the same thing, with the added bonus of pure nostalgia. Needless to say, I was pleased when I found these new Ball Park Park’s Finest hot dogs at the store. Same great Ball Park taste, but with no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no colors or fillers, and no nitrates or nitrites added. Ball Park Park’s Finest frankfurters take a barbecue from bland to BOLD, elevating any grilling experience.
The new Ball Park Park’s Finest dogs are available in five great-tasting, bold varieties including Jalapeno Cheddar, Slow Cooked Chili, Signature Seasoned, Slow Smoked Hickory, Cracked Dijon Mustard. I knew instantly that I wanted to try the Jalapeno Cheddar flavor because, well, I pretty much love jalapeno-anything. I knew they’d taste awesome on their own, but because these dogs were different and unique, they deserved to be served in a way that was different than your traditional plain bun. Then it hit me – how YUM would a taco dog be? I put together everything I enjoy in a regular taco – the shell, meat, cheese, and cabbage (we prefer cabbage to shredded lettuce because I like the bitter crunch it adds). My standard tacos went from good to amazing when I added the grilled Jalapeno Cheddar dog. I admit, I was skeptical. But from the time I took the first bite, I was totally hooked and I actually think this is how I’ll make my tacos from now on! The sliced fresh jalapeno really finished them off. The best part was that no sauces were needed – the flavor from the hot dog gave the tacos the kick they needed.
These hot dogs are packed with big, bold flavors and infused with premium seasoning you can see. How fun would these Spicy Taco Dogs be for your own grillathon with neighbors and friends?
How would you like to be part of the team that breaks a Guinness World Record for Longest Barbecue Marathon? If you think you have what it takes to be part of the world-record breaking grilling team, submit a video grilling your finest hot dog creation and tell Ball Park brand all about your passion for grilling hot dogs and why you deserve a spot on the team. Enter for your chance to win by visiting www.FoodNetwork.com/finestgrillathon.
- 8 Ballpark's Finest Jalapeno Cheddar hot dogs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or any Mexican blend)
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 large jalapenos, sliced thin
- 8 taco shells
- Set your grill to medium low heat and cook the dogs, rotating occasionally, until you reach desired doneness. I love for mine to get nice and dark until they bubble and split.
- Make the taco meat by browning the ground beef with the onion in a large saute pan. When meat is almost done, add taco seasoning and water and continue cooking until all of the water has dissolved. Keep meat warm. You can always prepare the meat ahead of time and reheat when ready to serve.
- When you're ready to serve the tacos, fill the shells with half the cheese. Top with a grilled dog, then some taco meat, then the remaining cheese. Wrap all of the prepared tacos in aluminum foil and heat over low heat on grill until cheese has melted. Top with shredded cabbage and jalapeno.
- Serve with a big glass of ice water.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ball Park. The opinions and text are all mine.