Few things go better together than mint and chocolate. Combine the best of both worlds and make these Junior Mint Hot Chocolate Brownies for dessert!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Winter Fancy Food Show (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy‘s Bloggers.
I received Two Rivers Coffee products to facilitate my review, but my opinions and the recipe are my own.
Let me begin by telling you that starting today, I will be hosting giveaways with amazing new products every Saturday for a total of 7 weeks!!! So be sure to come back because entering is easy – you just have to leave a comment on my blog. That’s all!
I always make my brownies from scratch, but that process has always involved unsweetened cocoa. When you use hot chocolate mix instead, you add the awesome flavor that you loved so much as a kid. When I saw all the different flavors of hot cocoa that Two Rivers makes, I knew instantly that I wanted to use the Junior Mint flavor. I have so many memories of going to the movies with friends when I was younger. We would always blow our entire paycheck on concessions which always included popcorn, soda, and a big box of junior mints! I couldn’t believe how much this hot chocolate tasted like the original.
I don’t have a device that brews k-cups, but these little things are really just vessels to hold the hot chocolate! To make these brownies, all I had to do was peel back the lids of three pods and add them to the mix. Voila! I ended up throwing a handful of junior mint candies into the batter as well as on top of the final brownies.
The result was a perfectly soft, moist, chewy brownie with just the right amount of chocolate + mint. The Junior Mint hot cocoa mix not only added the perfect flavor, but it made the final texture perfectly cake-like!
Among its many offerings, Two Rivers Coffee has created hot cocoa K-cups and Instant Packets based on Tootsie Roll Industries’ iconic candy brands, which include Tootsie Roll, Junior Mints, Sugar Babies, Andes Mints and Charleston Chew. You can see all sorts of goodies on their facebook, instagram, and twitter pages.
I first got to see the brand at the Winter Fancy Food Show this past January where I got to try all these flavors!
As you can imagine, there was always quite the line for people wanting to try these flavors they knew and loved from their childhood!
Wanna win assorted flavors of Tootsie Roll Industries Hot Cocoa K-cups and Instant Packets? All you need to do is leave a blog comment below telling me which of these iconic flavors you want to try most! That’s all!
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize. Winner will be randomly selected and notified on May 15, 2017.
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Junior Mint hot chocolate mix (contents of 3 K-cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- One large box Junior Mints (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil sprayed with the cooking spray or, alternatively, you can use parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the melted butter; stir to combine. Add flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking powder to the mixture; stir until just combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking pan and, if desired, add about half of the Junior Mint candies to the batter.
- Bake until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan and are set in the center, about 22-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a rack. Add remaining candies to the top, if desired. Cut into 16 squares.