Everyone loves s’mores and everyone loves marshmallow cereal treats, so why not combine the best of both worlds and make some Golden Grahams S’mores!
Who doesn’t love s’mores?
Ever since we went camping a few weeks ago and I ignited my s’mores addiction once again (this happens at the beginning of each summer), I’ve been going a little s’mores crazy and am making recipe after recipe that has something to do with that magical combination of graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate. I don’t know why I’ve never made Golden Grahams S’mores before, but these are pretty darn perfect – they’ve got all your elements of a perfect s’more, they’re really easy to make, and no campfire is required which means I can eat them any time I want.
I’m just happy I brought home more than one box of cereal so my kids wouldn’t fight over who got to keep the Minion prize. Well played, mom, well played.
Oh man, just look at that marshmallow-y chocolate-y ooey gooey goodness. YUM!
- 12 ounce box Golden Graham cereal
- 16 ounce bag miniature marshmallows, divided
- 10 ounce bag mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Butter 9x9 dish. Set aside.
- Add entire box of cereal to large bowl.
- To another large bowl, add all marshmallows except 1 1/2 cups worth, all chocolate chips except 1/2 cup worth, corn syrup, and butter.
- Get a thin slice of butter ready to rub on your hands for later.
- Microwave marshmallow mixture for one minute. Stir well. Microwave for another minute. Stir well. Microwave for 20 more seconds to get nice and hot, then immediately pour over cereal, gently lifting and moving cereal to distribute the marshmallow mixture as evenly as possible.
- Very gently, stir mixture to evenly coat the cereal. Mix in the remaining 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Transfer to buttered dish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Generously coat the palms of your hands with butter and then use your hands to gently press the s'mores treats into the pan. Allow to set, uncovered, at room temperature or in the refrigerator if you're in a hurry. Cut into pieces and enjoy!